Service tax rate is increased indirectly after introduction of Swachh Bharat Cess on receipts at 0.5%. So indirectly service tax rate is increased from 14% to 14.5%. There are many other points too which needs to know. ( FAQs on Swachh Bharat Cess).
So there is an excel based calculator to calculate service tax amount including Swachh Bharat Cess.
There are many points to remember
• Swachh bharat cess is not available for cenvat credit
• Threshold limit of service tax is 10 lakhs.
• Service tax rate is 14% from 1 June 2015.
• Swachh Bharat cess is applicable on service at 0.5% from 15 November 2015.
• Service covered in special valuation provision the effective rate will be calculated with 14.5%. For example the effective rate of tax on GTA service would be 14.5%*30=4.35% and not 14%*30=4.2%.
Tags-service tax calculator,service tax calculator after swachh bharat cess,service tax calculator fy 2015-16,service tax calculator after sbc,sbc service tax calculation,calculation of service tax,service tax calculation