Income tax department amend the income tax rules 2013 and changes made in section 115U of income tax act. Also income tax department notifies new income tax form 64 in income tax act. Income tax department issued a notification no. 59/2013 dated 5 August 2013 in this regard. Full notification is as under.
S.O. 2364 (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 115U
read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct
Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax ( 13th Amendment) Rules, 2013.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962,–
(a) for rule 12C, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:–
“ Statement under sub-section (2) of section 115U.
12C. (1) The statement of income paid or credited shall be furnished by the 30th November of the Financial year following the previous year during which such income is paid or credited, to the Chief Commissioner or Commissioner of Income-tax, within whose jurisdiction, the principal office of the Venture Capital Company or the venture Capital Fund, as the case may be, is situated.
(2) The statement of income paid or credited which is to be furnished under sub-section (2) of section 115U by the Venture Capital Company or the Venture Capital Fund, as the case may be, shall be in Form No. 64, duly verified by an accountant in the manner indicated therein and shall be furnished electronically under digital signature.
(3) The Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedure for filing of Form No. 64 and shall also be responsible for evolving and implementing appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to the statements so furnished.”;
(b) in Appendix-II, for Form No. 64, the following Form shall be substituted, namely:-
Download form no. 64
Tags-form 64 of income tax,it form 64,new form 64 income tax