The last date of filing income tax return is 31 July(except for corporate and tax audit case) for assessment year 2013-14. Income tax department made some changes in the rules of filing the income tax return. These are some changes which must keep in mind while filing ITR.
One must check the correct PAN number while filing income tax return. These are the ITR for different kind of assessee according to source of income.
This Return Form is to be used by an individual whose total income for the assessment year 2013-14 includes:-
(a) Income from Salary/ Pension; or
(b) Income from One House Property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous years); or
(c) Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses)
Download ITR-1 SAHAJ form assessment year 2013-14
Who can use this Return Form
This Return Form is to be used by an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family whose total income for the assessment year 2013-14 includes:-
(a) Income from Salary / Pension; or
(b) Income from House Property; or
(c) Income from Capital Gains; or
(c) Income from Other Sources (including Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses).
Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used where such income falls in any of the above categories
Download ITR-2 for assessment year 2013-14
For Individuals/HUFs being partners in firms and not carrying out business or profession under any partnership.
Download ITR-3 for assessment year 2013-14
For individuals and HUFs having income from a proprietory business or profession.
Download ITR-4 for assessment year 2013-14
• Business income where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in section 44AD and 44AE of the act for computation of business income; or
• Income from salary or pension; or
• Income from own house property excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous year; or
• Income from other sources excluding winning from lottery and income from race horses.
Download 4S Sugam income tax return form.
Change in the rules
- Income tax department has made compulsory to file income tax return in e-mode(electronically) for individual assessee whose income is above Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Electronic filing of ITR is also mandated where relief is claimed under tax treaty/double-taxation
- ITR1 no longer applicable if an individual has any loss under the head, ‘other sources’, or has exempted income above R5,000, or has assets overseas, or has signing authority in any account overseas, or claims any double-taxation relief.
- New schedule AL is introduced in ITR-3 and ITR-4 with which assessee having income above 25 lakh need to furnish details of all immovable assets, cash, bank deposits, investment in shares, jewellery, vehicles, etc, and corresponding liabilities.
- ITR-4S is no longer applicable to persons having assets overseas or a signing authority in any overseas account, or claiming double-taxation relief, or having exempted income above R5,000. In all these exceptions, ITR4 would apply.
- Exemption from ITR filing to salaried individuals whose total income does not surpass R5 lakh continues with prescribed conditions.
In the meantime, it is suggested to collct TDS certificate form 16 or 16A from the employer, banks or other parties. Collect all the documents regarding investment and income. One must check the TDS details in Form 16AS from the income tax website incometaxefilingdotgovdotin
One must choose correct income tax return form and ensure for claiming benefits of investment. Disclose all the investment like provident fund, dividend, interest etc.
Correct bank details is must to mention in the case of refund from the department.
In the case of e-filing of income tax return, one is advised to activate the online account with tdscpc site. One can use digital signature for e-signing the income tax return. If not, one must send the acknowledgment (ITR-V) to Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bangaluru–560100 (Karnataka) within 120 days of e-filing through speed post.
Tags-income tax return,income tax return form,itr 2013-14,itr for a y 2013-14,how to file income tax return,e-filing of income tax return