The Chairman, CBDT, Vide OM F.NO. 500/111/2009-FTD-1 Dated 27 February, 2012 constituted a Committee under the Chairmanship of the Director General of the Income Tax (International Taxation) to give recommendations for formulating the guidelines for proper implementation of GAAR Provisions under the Direct Tax Code Bill, 2010 and to suggest safeguards to these provisions to curb the abuse thereof.
The Committee comprised of the following officers :-
1. Director General of Income Tax (International Taxation)- Chairperson
2. Joint Secretary (FT& TR-I)
3. Joint Secretary (FT& TR-II)
4. Joint Secretary (TPL-I)
5. Director of International Taxation, Ahmedabad
6. Director, FT & TR-III
7. Addl. Director on Income Tax, Range-I (IT), New Delhi, Member Secretary.
The terms of reference of the Committee was as under :-
a) Recommendations for formulating guidelines to implement the provisions of General Anti-Avoidance Rules(GAAR) as per section 123 of the Direct Tax Code Bill, 2010; and
Download full draft guidelines for GAAR