Interest rates for GPF(General provident fund) and SDS(Special deposit scheme) has been increased to 8.8% from 8.6%. This rate is applicable from 01-04-2012. Finance Ministry issued a press release for this increase in interest rates. The press release is as under.
PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
GPF AND SDS INTEREST RATES REVISED
FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2012-13
New Delhi: Jyaistha 03, 1934
May 24, 2012
Government of India has revised the Interest Rates for the financial year 2012-13 in respect of State PFs (GPF) and Special Deposit Schemes (SDS) for non-government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity funds (SDS), 1975, from 8.6% to 8.8% with effect from 01.04.2012. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
Tags-interest rate on epf account,epf account interest rates,epf interest rate in india,gpf interest rate,gpf interest rate in india,provident fund interest rate in india,interest rate on provident fund