• Do use ' Form 49A' for making application for allotment of PAN.
• Do fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink.
• Do paste a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
• Do provide the signature within the box.
• If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
• Do provide correct AO code in the application.
• Do specify AO code as below if applicant is a defence employee
Army - PNE W 55 3
Navy - MUM W 11 8
Air Force - DEL W 72 2
• Do attach Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA) as per Rule 114 (4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962.
• Do provide the POI and POA which have name exactly as written in the application.
• Do provide details of Representative Assessee in column 14 of application form, if applicant is Minor, Idiot, Lunatic or Deceased.
• Do provide POI and POA for Representative Assesse also, if Representative Assessee is appointed.
• Do write the complete postal address in the application with landmark.
• Do mention correct pin code in the address field.
• Do mention telephone number / e- mail id in the application
• Do not overwrite or make corrections in the application.
• Do not pin or staple the photograph.
• Do not sign across the box (i.e. signature should be within the box)
• Do not provide POI and POA which are not in the name of the applicant.
• Do not write any additional details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box.
• Do not mention Husband's name in the Father's Name column.
• Do not abbreviate your name or do not use initials.
• Do not apply for a new PAN if you already have one
Tags-form 49a,how to apply pan number,pan number income tax form,income tax form to apply pan