What is prepaid instruments:- These instruments are the a type of money by which one can purchase goods and service against the money stored in it. The prepaid instruments may be many types like.
- smart cards
- magnetic strip cards
- internet account
- mobile banking
- mobile cards
- debit cards'
- credit cards
- paper vouchers
So in this regard RBI has issued some guidelines which are as under.
- prepaid instruments maximum value is Rupees 5000.
- Prepaid instruments purchasing is only against the cash, or banking transaction and not aginst the talktime or value in the mobile phone.
- Prepaid instruments are only to buy goods and services and not for transfer the value of cards to other person.
- the maximum value of these cards will be 50000 rupees.
- all the other features are same as on the mobile payment system discussed above.
- If you want to see the guidelines click here