For e-payment, assessees should open a net banking account with one of the authorized banks (currently there are 28 banks), list of which is available on the EASIEST (Electronic Accounting System in Excise and Service Tax) website of CBEC, maintained by NSDL(https://cbec.nsdl.com/EST/). Payment through ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank can be done by assesses for select Commissionerates only, list of which is published in the aforesaid EASIEST website. Payment through all other authorized banks can be made for all Commissionerates.
Procedure for e-Payment:
1. To pay Excise Duty and Service Tax online, the assessee has to enter the 15 digit Assessee Code allotted by the department under erstwhile SACER/SAPS or the current application ACES.
2. There will be an online check on the validity of the Assessee Code entered.
3. If the Assessee code is valid, then corresponding assessee details like name, address, Commissionerate Code etc. as present in the Assessee Code Master will be displayed.
4. Based on the Assessee Code, the duty / tax i.e. Central Excise duty or Service Tax to be paid will be automatically selected.
5.The assessee is required to select the type of duty / tax to be paid by clicking on Select Accounting Codes for Excise or Select Accounting Codes for Service Tax, depending on the type of duty / tax to be paid.
6. At a time the assessee can select up to six Accounting Codes.
7. The assessee should also select the bank through which payment is to be made.
8. On submission of data entered, a confirmation screen will be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the data entered in the screen, it will be directed to the net-banking site of the bank selected.
9. The taxpayer will login to the net-banking site with the user id/ password, provided by the bank for net-banking purpose, and will enter payment details at the bank site.
Tags-e-payment of service tax,how to pay e-payment,how to e-payment of service tax,how to e-pay of central excise,e-payment of central excise,procedure of e-payment,procedure of e payment