Action against recovery agents
If you are not a defaulter, and your bank, finance company, cell-phone operator is harassing you to extort money through recovery agents then follow these steps:
1) Note down the telephone number from where the call is originating.
2) Try to get the name of caller.
3) If he visits you personally, ask for his identity card of employment in the institution from which you have subscribed the services.
4) If he is not the employee of the institute, you have no liability to deal with him as you have no contract/agreement of service with him.
5) immediately complain in writing to the Senior Inspector of the police station in your locality informing the telephone number and the name of person.
6) Complain to the head of institution- like Chairman, Managing Director, CEO, etc. about the incident and their defective services.
7) Complain to the Banking Ombudsman, if it is a banking institution.
8) Complain to the Chairman, Reserve Bank of India, who is responsible for all the banks in India.
9) Enclose the copy of the police complaint when you complain to these officers.
10) Write to the media.
1) Recovery through agents is illegal.
2) Banks are not supposed to divulge your financial details and your address and telephone number to a third party.
3) Third party cannot represent your service provider for such crucial and sensitive information.
1) Do not give any money to recovery agents as you have no contract with them.
2) Give money to your service provider only against proper receipt.3) If any recovery agent calls you to any place, don't go alone, take the police with you and get them arrested. Plain clothes policemen will accompany you if need arises. If there is any emergency, dial telephone number 100 and inform the police control room your location